Friday, 7 December 2012

Emails to and from Hadlow College regarding filming permission

Here are the emails I sent and received regarding permission to film at Hadlow College

Dear sir/madam

My name is Scott Fisher, I am a student at the University for the creative arts in Maidstone, studying Broadcast Media. I am currently working on a documentary which is about one of the students at your college. The scenes I would like to film at the college (Hadlow Campus) are only outside of animals and the surrounding area and of the student working. I would do my best not to capture any other students on film. The days I would like to film are Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th of November. If you have any questions or would like any more details do not hesitate to contact me, or my course tutor Helen Curston at hCurston.s1@ucreative.ac.uk

Thanks and kind regards

Scott Fisher


Dear Scott,

Please could you clarify what curriculum area the student your documentary features is in please so that I can pass your query onto the relevant person.

Kind regards,

Jo

Jo Tapp
PA to Associate Principals
Hadlow College


Hi Jo, thanks for the response. The student in question is studying animal management.

Regards
Scott Fisher


Thank you Scott. I have passed your enquiry to the Head of Faculty Animal & Land Management, Zoe Chapman.

Kind regards,

Jo


Thank you Jo, I look forward to hearing from Zoe soon. 

Regards
Scott


Dear Jo,
Further to my email dated 23rd of November regarding filming permission, I am contacting you to enquire whether permission has been granted. Ideally I would like to film this Thursday 29th of November. I would be extremely greatful if you could get back to me as soon as possible regarding this request. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,
Scott Fisher


Dear Scott,

I am sorry to hear that you have not been contacted. I have spoken to Zoe Chapman's PA who will raise this issue with her today as soon as is possible and ask her to contact you.

Kind regards,

Jo



Dear Scott
We have considered your request and, whilst we would love to be able to help you out, unfortunately we have a large number of students who it would not be appropriate to film.
As we are unable to guarantee that you will not film these students we have had to make the  decision that, on this occasion, it will not be possible to support you.
We wish you every success in your studies.
Kind regards
Zoe Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment