Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Difficulties encountered when trying to gain permission to film

Whilst making enquiries about getting permission to film at an organisation, I have encountered a number of difficulties, as follows:
I have phoned multiple times to try and speak to someone about filming permission, I did get through to someone and spoke to them about it, they told me they would call me back when they had checked whether it would be ok or not. However, I never received a return phone call.

Furthermore, I have phoned them since and now been told that their marketing department no longer take enquiries on the phone, and to email them instead. I have done this, and have been told my enquiry has been passed onto the relevant person, but have so far had no response. I have today sent another email to the person who was dealing with my enquiry to ask if any progress has been made on it.

Whilst I appreciate that organisations have many enquiries to deal with, me and Gemma have put a lot of time into planning this shoot, so when people do not get back in contact with us and we have to keep chasing them, it could put our plans in jeopardy and potentially mean we are unable to film.

Given that I have had no response from them regarding filming permission, I feel that I have no choice but to go and see them in person and discuss this matter as all the ways that I have tried to contact them so far have had no response at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment